Thursday, July 07, 2011

Advanced GCE Media Studies - Critical Perspectives in Media



I caught up with an old colleague last night.  He now works at OCR (Oxford, Cambridge and RSA Examinations), one of the UK's main examining bodies.

He told me that some past Media Studies papers were online, so I thought I'd take a look.

From June 2010, here are two essay questions from the section Media in the Online Age.  The exam is for 18 year olds, and they'd be expected to spend an hour on one of these essays, if they chose to answer one.  (Candidates had to answer two short questions worth 25 points each, and one long question, worth 50 points, in two hours.  There were 12 essay questions in total.)

- "For media audiences, the internet has changed everything"  Discuss

- Explain the extent to which online media exist alongside older methods of distribution in 2010

How do you think you'd do?

The full paper is here.

Update - after I posted this, my friend sent me a couple of examples of coursework by students, published on blogs.

The Vixens - a music video project

LiveWire - a student's magazine

Both excellent!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails