Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Stephen Fry's Dongle

Available online from today, the first part of The Dongle of Donald Trefusis, written and read by Stephen Fry. Priced at £1.99 per episode in the UK (it's fortnightly) it's an interesting attempt to sell content online.

I'm looking forward to hearing it. [Update - I've now heard it, and it's excellent. Really entertaining, and very funny] Donald Trefusis was created (I believe) for Radio 4's Loose Ends in the mid 1980s, and represents pretty much the purest form of the wordy, intellectual, funny, English humour that he does so well. I'm hoping for something similar to PG Wodehouse's short stories. I think that it's the first major piece of fiction Stephen Fry's written since The Stars' Tennis Balls in 2000.

See also - Stephen Fry on twitter, inc why he isn't still the king in terms of follower numbers

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails