Thursday, December 04, 2008

Digital Stats

Years ago (probably over ten years ago) while I was working for a media consultancy, I went to see a headhunter to talk about getting a new job.

During the interview I said something like "I very numerate, but also very literate - I'm interested in communication and media from both sides", to which he said "Yes, that is a problem, isn't it?" (exact quote).

No, it's not a problem, it's a good thing.

& so while I have this blog to cover adverts, virals and sites, I'm now starting a new Digital Stats blog.

The new blog will feature interesting and jaw dropping stats from the digital world. All stats will have a headline figure, a quote to show the figure in context, and a link to the original article.

So, for example:

10bn photos have been uploaded to Facebook

91% of UK mobile owners keep their phones within 3 feet, 24/7

& XBox 360 owners buy 3.8m music tracks a month

It's clearly not exhaustive, and while I may be accused of 'lies, damned lies and statistics' the blog is meant to provide small, memorable facts about how the world is becoming more and more digital.

The aim, as with Digital Examples, is to be able to post in less than 5 minutes, so that I can post often and regularly.

Go over and have a look!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great idea. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails