Thursday, October 01, 2009

Google Wave 'Trippy' example

Google Wave is Google's new toy, open to beta testers yesterday. I've got an invite, courtesy of a friend at Google, and I've been playing with it a bit.

So far, so frustrating though. I don't know anyone else with it (the invites I've sent out to friends take about 24 hours to be approved), so it's a bit like beign the only person you know wiht an email address.

In the meantime I've been looking at examples of what other people have done, to get a feel of what it's for and how I could use it.

So far as I can see it's like-a-real-time-wiki-that-you-edit-with-friends-and-that-you-can-use-widgets-with.

Have a look at this demo of the trip planning tool Trippy, using data from Lonely Planet, to see what I mean.



More on Google Wave in a few days when I get to play with it properly.

3 comments:

Drake said...

Would you happen to have an invite you can spare :)
Would be really awesome to try it out ;)
martindilling [at] gmail.com

Christian Bering said...

Any chance of getting an invite? I'd really like to play with this (bering [at] gmail.com)

hanum said...

I've got the invitation of Google Wave on November 25. Yay.. finally :D

Related Posts with Thumbnails