Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Looking at old magazines




I love magazines.  Less so than I used to, but I still have lots of old copies of Neon (when it existed), Private Eye, Monocle, Q (when it was good), and Viz (ditto) lying around at home.

It seems that I'm not the only one, and I've recently seen scans of the archives of several magazines online, an activity a bit like putting old performances from shows like The Tube onto video sites (for example...)

Here we have...



Neon, the best British film magazine

Select, a really good document of the 1990s in music

Smash Hits, whcih should need no introduction

& finally, Glamour (UK) have scanned their first issue on Facebook, to help mark their tenth anniversary.

(With the defunct magazines, you wonder who owns the rights, and how hard it would be for a brand to offer to take the archive on)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails