Monday, May 28, 2012

Privacy warning notices

This warning has appeared on the FT, displayed the first time you visit the site.  It warns of cookies on the site, and if you dismiss the notice you are accepting that they can track your usage of the site.  It's in response to the new EU cookie directive becoming UK law.  I haven't seen any other examples this morning - but I'll post them if I do.


Update - The Sun has a much more minimal notice - a thin band along the bottom, saying "By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. You can change this and find out more by following this link"

From looking at the screengrab below you can see how people could fail to notice it...


1 comment:

Matt Gill said...

Hi Dan,

I had a similar message when I went onto BBC mobile site this morning.

Matt

Related Posts with Thumbnails